Welcome to DeedExpress®
DeedExpress® serves Florida Tax Collectors by allowing investors to submit Tax Deed Applications online to the following counties:
- Nassau County
- Alachua County
- Brevard County
- Broward County
- Charlotte County
- Citrus County
- Escambia County
- Highlands County
- Hillsborough County
- Indian River County
- Lake County
- Miami-Dade County
- Monroe County
- Okaloosa County
- Osceola County
- Pasco County
- Pinellas County
- Santa Rosa County
- St. Lucie County
- Sumter County
- Volusia County
- Walton County
What are "Tax Deed Applications"?
You cannot buy Tax Deeds, apply for a Bidder Number, or buy Tax Lien Certificates on this site.
DeedExpress is a site for investors who hold eligible Tax Certificates to take the next steps to try and get a return on their investment. Tax Certificates that have not been redeemed after two years from April 1 of the year they were issued are eligible for a Tax Deed Application. Once a certificate is eligible, the certificate holder may apply for a Tax Deed, and then eventually the Tax Deed will go to sale at a public auction.
To apply for a Tax Deed, the certificate holder must redeem (pay off) all other outstanding tax certificates, pay any other outstanding taxes and fees on the property, and pay for application fees and a title search fee. Fee amounts vary by county. The total amount paid for the Tax Deed Application then accrues interest at 18% per year until the property owner redeems the Tax Deed or it goes to sale.
What are "Tax Certificates"?
A Tax Certificate is a first lien against real estate (not the owner) and becomes the basis upon which a Tax Deed Application is filed. The sale of a Tax Certificate is NOT a sale of real property, nor does a Tax Certificate give the certificate holder a direct means to acquire a property.
For more information on delinquent taxes and Tax Deed Applications, please see Florida Statutes.
Submitting a Tax Deed Application
If you are the holder of an eligible tax certificate you can:
- Register for a DeedExpress Account. If you already have an account with one of the counties listed above for purchasing county-held certificates via LienExpress, you may log in to DeedExpress with the same account information.
- Submit your certificate bidder number and corresponding SSN/EIN information to retrieve a list of certificates held by that bidder number in each county. You may add any number of additional bidder numbers to your account.
- Review your list of certificates and select those to submit for deed application by adding them to the DeedExpress "shopping cart".
Submit payment for the deed applications.
- Depending on the county, this may be via ACH (e-check) payment from the shopping cart, or by sending funds separately to the county.
- A DeedExpress Online Application Fee of $100 per Tax Deed Application will be included with the other Tax Deed Application related fees and cost. Users that do not wish to pay such fee may use a limited version of DeedExpress as stated in the User Agreement. If you have any questions regarding the $100 Online Application fee, please contact Grant Street Group at 866-247-4370.